The Worldwide social forum was essential as a worldwide event where thousands of women and men with a common objective mix with, with the same slogan “another world is possible”.
Each one on its level and its manner will remake the world the time of a forum. back in their own countries, the participants are going to question the order established by the “men in high places” and this through a whole series of initiatives citizens. Some consider them as soft dreamers, others are afraid of them because, an event of this scale fertilizes to the great displeasure of these detractors of the initiatives that we cannot deny. Indeed, the participants have the possibility of being known, to organize debates, to create networks which they would have been able with difficulty to set up in other circumstances. The various participants and the activists have three days to exchange their ideas and their experiences.
It is thus in the spirit of sharing and exchange that the AFD International will be, for the fourth time, in the Worldwide Social Forum of Tunis. After Kenya, Brazil and Senegal, AFD International organizes two conferences which will have as subjects:
- Human Rights and perspectives of change in the Arab world after “Arab Spring”. Which reports and which stakes. 27/03 at 1 pm – Lecture Hall 2
- Which is the role of the components of the civil society to help in the success of the change in the Arab world. 29/03 from 1 pm till 3:30 pm – Lecture Hall 4
On this occasion, the representatives of the various offices and the department will have the honor to welcome a number of intellectuals and actors of ground who will share their points of view with the guests of the Forum. We already matter among our guests:
- Mrs. Luisa Morgantini: ex- president of the European parliament, Italy.
- Mr. Ahmed Rahmani: professor-researcher,Institute for the Modernity, France.
- Mrs. Khadidja Lahlali: jurist, Al Karama foundation, Switzerland.
- Mr. Bernard Dreano: co-president of the Center of Studies and Initiatives of International Solidarity ( CEDETIM), France.
- Mr. Naoufal Said: specialist of the Constitutional law, Tunisia.
- Mr. Zouhaier Makhlouf: activist of Human Rights, Tunisia.
- Mrs. Ruba ATIYEH: professor at the university and Expert in Media, Jordan.
- Mr. Kamal Lahbib: executive Secretary of the Forum of the Alternatives of Morocco, Morocco.
- Mr. Said Bouzerda: lawyer and activist of Human Rights, Morocco.
With the participation also of:
- Mr. Youssef Chihab: director of the MENA department, AFD International, Brussels, Belgium.
- Mr. Mostafa Akoub: director of the Asia Department, AFD International , Glasgow, United Kingdom.
- Mr. Redouan Efarah: director in the Americas Department, AFD International Madrid, Spain.
- Mr. Hatim Achikhan: person in charge in the Europe Department, AFD International, Paris, France.
We thus invite you to come to share with us in Tunis or on the social networks this unique event and to take advantage, the time of a Forum, “to change the world!”
Rue Stevin 95
1000 Brussels, Belgium